The Special Education Foundation’s Critical Needs Program is supporting Special School District’s “Personal Care Items Drive.”
During the month of April, SSD will partner with SEF to help students in St. Louis County. SSD will be collecting personal care items, and SEF will be accepting donations for the purchase of personal care items. Donated and purchased items will directly benefit students in SSD schools and programs and will be distributed by social workers. The goal is to provide students access to personal hygiene items to help decrease their absences, promote community, and increase students’ active participation in their education.
There are three easy ways to donate!
1. Donate funds through SEF’s Critical Needs Program
Visit the Special Education Foundation’s donation page and select “Critical Needs” under Donation Type.
2. Purchase Items and Donate In Person
Items can be dropped off during business hours at SSD Central Office or the Learning Center, in the bins located out the main doors. View the item list. Highlighted items on the list have the highest need. Priorities may change throughout the month based on donations.
Only new, unopened items will be accepted for donations.
- Items will be packaged in zip-top plastic bags to avoid leaking.
- Items should be in small quantities or travel sizes vs bulk (ex.: 6 pack of socks vs 24, travel size mouthwash vs full size).
3. Purchase items on the Personal Care Drive Amazon Wish List
Add an item from our Personal Care Drive Wish List to your next Amazon purchase! Any purchased item will be shipped automatically to Central Office.