The Event Manager will oversee all existing and new events presented by the Special Education Foundation, including its annual charity golf tournament, receptions, ceremonies, and other fundraising and cultivation events, in-person, hybrid, or virtual.
This position also involves working with SEF’s donor and stakeholder database and assisting with SEF’s programs.
The Event Manager will report to the SEF Executive Director.
- Oversee and grow all fundraising events
- A primary duty is managing SEF’s signature event, the annual charity golf tournament, with these specific responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Honorary Chair(s) in establishing the event budget and significant issues related to the event
- Create and manage the Golf Planning Committee
- Work with the Golf Committee to create a Volunteer Event list
- Acquire sponsors, participants, silent and live auction items, and raffle items
- Work with the Golf Committee to secure vendors to serve food and drink on the golf course
- Work with the event facility to secure space, set up, menus, and other needs, including contracts and costs
- Create marketing materials with the marketing firm
- Coordinate with SSD leadership on various SSD-related aspects regarding the event
- Manage the pre-event, day of the event, and follow-up activities, including establishing procedures for all financial transactions/donations
- Responsible for soliciting donations, event budgeting, results analysis, and vendor contract negotiations
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Program and Communications Manager on special donor and program-related events
- Facilitate all-volunteer event committees and oversee all event volunteers
- Act as a liaison to community groups and stakeholders, as assigned
- Assist in managing the SEF donor database, including gift and data entry, and producing reports as needed
- Assist the Executive Director in other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for helping children with disabilities
- At least four years of experience coordinating fundraising events for a non-profit with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A key aspect of this role is developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, including soliciting sponsorships, donations, auction items, and other donated services for SEF events.
- An essential qualification for this position is strong project management skills from a highly organized individual.
- In addition, applicants should have excellent organizational abilities with strong interpersonal, storytelling, oral, and written communication skills.
- The Event Manager should be willing to execute day-to-day tasks, work independently, and understand special education’s role in today’s education ecosystem.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently, under deadlines and multi-task
- A strong understanding of the role that special education plays in today’s education ecosystem
- Skilled at managing and prioritizing multiple projects or buckets of work
- Innovative and creative thinking skills; must have competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Competency in working with donor management software is preferred. We use Bloomerang at SEF.
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required as it relates to our events, with some travel within SEF’s service area encompassing the St. Louis metro area
Based on experience and qualifications, the annual salary ranges from $50,000 to $56,500. SEF offers health and dental insurance for employees, with 100% of the premium covered by SEF and 50% of the spouse/partner premiums paid by SEF. We also offer a 403(b) Plan with an annual contribution of SEF equal to 3% of salary during each year of employment.
To apply, email your resume with a cover letter to Tim Eby, SEF Executive Director, at email@example.com. The application deadline is Friday, February 24, 2023.